Monday, September 23, 2013

Matola - Week 75


Well more weeks have past, and that means that transfers have came. I was very pleased and satisfied to know that I will be staying here in Matola this transfer. We have a lot of unfinished work that we need to take care of, so I am very excited! Me and Elder Brandao will also be serving together still. I is nice to have a companion that is always willing to work hard with me. I know we will see many more results this transfer. 
The Matola zone has improved dramatically over the past 4 weeks as far as numbers are concerned. This work is not about the numbers, but it's a sign that the Elders are working hard and the work is continuing to go forward. Ever since we have done those splits with the district leaders, the elders have caught a new fire, which is good to see. We focused on contacting, saying that when we start street contacting well, the other numbers will go with it, and that's exactly what happened. The contacting number doubled, the lessons taught tripled, and they investigators at church with a baptismal date skyrocketed. We are starting to do things the right way as a whole zone. As we continue working hard and be diligent, the Lord will bless us just as times in the past.
The Lord blessed the area of Elder Brandao and I as we have been diligent over the past few weeks. We came across a couple named Jose and Sandra. Never before, on my whole mission, have I seen a family so prepared. And that is saying a lot. We contacted them one afternoon as they we walking to church! They went to a church called "A Igreja Mundial" which is "The Worldly Church" quite a name right? They went to church every afternoon together.
So we marked a lesson with them for the next morning, and I we went over there. They understood the Restoration so well. They are very educated and they asked very good questions as well. We explained the importance of the Book of Mormon, and that afternoon, they went to their church to say goodbye to them and that they will never go back. 
They have already recieved and answer that the Book of Mormon is true, and they aren't going anywhere. They were the first ones at church both Sundays! The other miracle is that they want to do a simple marriage! So we are going to bring someone who has authority to perform a marriage, and they will sign in their house with normal clothes, in order to be baptized the next day.
They are the perfect example of a family that is 'Searching for the truth, but they know not where to find it.' I'm grateful that the Lord has placed these prepared families in our path.
 These people aren't only changing their lives, and repenting, but they are making the necessary steps to live in the presence of our Heavenly Father again. It is amazing to see. 
As we are seeing these families progress, we are seeing others that aren't progressing. We continue to find, drop, find, drop, so that we can find the prepared familes. 
As we see these miracles, Satan continues to try to destroy our Faith and Hope. My testimony has been tried so hard over the past few weeks, but at the same time, it has been built. We have ran into more Anti-Christs than I've ever seen. We taught a man from Melbourne, Australia who tried to destroy me and say that there is no God. Lots of Jeovah's Witnesses as well have ran into us as well. And I do not have a answer for many of the questions that are thrown at me. I don't know that Bible very well either. But I know for sure, that the Book of Mormon is true. So that is all I need to know. I have felt the presence of God so much, that I can't deny that he is real. I know he is Real and that He loves us. I know this is his work, and I'm so blessed to be a part of it. I wrote a long letter to President this week, so I didn't have much time to write.
I hope you all have a great week!
Love, Elder Williams