Tuesday, May 8, 2012

MTC Week 3 - May 8, 2012


What up?!

It’s been another good week at the MTC! I can't believe it's only been 3 weeks though. It feels like I’ve been with my companion and district for a long time. We've gotten to know each other pretty good. Nothing to exciting has happened the past week, but we've been working hard! The language is coming along, and we're teaching lessons without language books and just our knowledge. But we talk super slow, so that does make the lessons difficult sometimes. I feel like I’m struggling in the language the most out of anyone in the district, which doesn't surprise me because I struggled at Spanish so much. But I have learned a ton over the past 3 weeks. It really is amazing. The food is getting old already... I have a burger and fries everyday for lunch. It probably not very good for me. But I have to get all of that in before Africa!

Thanks so much for the packages and Dearelders. I love getting packages, and I love getting dearelders all throughout the week. But one thing is that we can’t chew gum as missionaries. So if you would not send me gum anymore, then that would be much appreciated. :) But thanks for the thoughtfulness! I've run into quite a few friends here at the MTC as well and it's really cool. Some people from Pleasant Grove and Arizona, so that's really cool. Plus Neal Anderson comes in on the 16th so that'll be good to see him!

Our zones leaders are leaving for Lisbon today. They were so awesome! Elder Tucci from Melbourne(I love his accent) and Elder Platamone from California. We've gotten to know them very well, and they will be missed for sure!

Sounds like everything is going good at home! Tell Tiffany congrats on the Associate’s  Degree! That’s awesome. That would've been fun to go down there for that. And I REALLY wish I could’ve gone to Nick's play (Joseph).  I would've been singing those songs throughout the whole thing. And obviously small babe (Andrew) is doing work in ball. He’s such a stud and going to do some amazing things with his athletic ability while I'm gone!

I apologize to people in the family who have written me dearelders and that I haven't written back.  P-days are actually pretty crazy, but I should have some time today to respond to those. So thanks so much for those!

I’m still trying to figure out the whole camera thing, cause I hate that kind of stuff. So hopefully I'll figure that out ASAP. Sorry...

I guess sometime at the beginning of June there will be 8 apostles coming to the MTC! That's when all the new Mission Presidents come to get trained. So I bet I’ll get to meet president Kretly!  I can't wait for that.

Basketball here is just sick. I was able to find some pretty good guys that play, but I wreck there.  I honestly almost threw it down so hard on this 6'4 guy it was so dirty. But the sports here can get really competitive. To be honest, I don't know if it's a good idea to have sports here. Cause it can cause a lot of problems with some elders. But it is a lot of fun!

I apologize again on my typing skill. I'm a super slow typer, and we only have 30 minutes.  If there is anything else you guys want to know, then send me a dearelder and I’ll respond to you.  Or if I think of anything else to say then I'll write another letter quick. Oh and sports updates por favor? D-back? Anything?

And in these letters I just get all my thoughts out, so sorry about the unorganized letter. Hopefully they get better!

Well I'm getting so frustrated right now because my computer keeps freezing up. I'm going to lose it. So I better get off before I break this thing.

But I just want you guys to know that I'm working hard! And I'm trying to be the best missionary I can be. The church is true. And I can't wait to go share that with Africans in 6 weeks. Keep sending letters! Love you guys!

Love, Elder Williams

PS:  Mom, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY THIS SUNDAY! They made it very clear we won't be calling, so I just wanted to let you know that I’ll be thinking about you! And thanks for everything you've done for me! I love you.