Tuesday, May 15, 2012

MTC Week 4 - May 15, 2012


Ola! 
Another good week at the MTC! The Sequoia you bought? Sick. I wanna drive that so bad. Haha. Sounds like everything at home is going good. I love getting the dearelders and the packages. But I'm still working on all those treats, so maybe slow down with those for another week or so :) but thanks so much! 
I'm so sorry to hear about the jazz. I'm so glad I left when I did, cause I wouldn't be able to handle that. But look at the bright side, now the Suns will get a better draft pick the Jazz! So that's one advantage to not making the playoffs. Plus, the Suns won just as many playoff games as the jazz did this year... ZERO. So tell that to Kyle :) haha. Other then that, any other sports updates? Is Lebron gonna win the title this year? How are the Heat doing? And have the D-backs turned it around? Hopefully. 
Dad- Thanks for the questions you asked me, it helps me know what to send home in my email. And I love the thoughts you send me at the end of you letters. I'm always reading over those. So thanks so much! 
Let me tell you a little about my daily routine. We wake up at 6:30 and get ready and then go to our classroom and study at 7. Then we have breakfast at 7:30. Then we have class at 8. That lasts for 3 hours, and then we have another hour of study. Then lunch! The food is definitely getting old, and its hamburgers everyday for lunch. haha. Then we have an hour of language study, and then either class again or gym. We switch of having gym after diner and before dinner. Then we'll do our language lab, which is language practice on the computer. We do that for about an hour. Then after dinner, it's either gym or class like I said. Then we plan at 9 and are pack in our rooms by 9:30. Quiet time is at 10, and we should be in bed by 10:30. So there is about 6 hours of class and like 4 hours of study. It's pretty crazy. During class time is when we teach our "investigators." I really enjoy that. So we're definitely always busy here! 
I guess the computers here don't let you pull up pictures from your camera. I don't know why. So i'll have to get some developed and mail them home. 
One way we learn topics/lessons in portuguese is Preach My Gospel. I like to compare my english one to my portuguese one. That helps me a lot. But we've learned most of the gospel words used in lessons, so we just have to remember all the things we've studied. But I think that definitely helps us learn a lot faster I think. 
How has my testimony grown? I think a better question would be how hasn't my testimony grown. Haha kidding. But my testimony has definitely grown. Being constantly in the scriptures, relying on the spirit constantly while teaching, the amazing spirit felt when Elder Nelson and Elder Christofferson came. It just keeps strengthening my testimony everyday, and makes me so much more grateful for what the Savior did for us. It's truly amazing. Plus, I started the Book of Mormon over the week after I got here, because the MTC presidency challenged us to. I'm already in Helaman. So my testimony of the Book of Mormon has definitely been strengthened as well. 
As for basketball, the rule is that you don't need to do the same activity as your companion so that works out good. But I've also enjoyed playing so sand volleyball too! It's nice to be able to go outside after being inside all day. So i definitely love gym! 
Nothing on Visa information yet. But I don't think it will be a problem. The two Elder's going to Angola are actually going to New York tonight to pick up their visas. You have to pick them up in person from the Angolan Embassy. Pretty crazy right? So yeah, they go pick up their visas and then head right back to the airport. Its gonna be a long day for them! 
Well thanks again for all the letters this week! I love getting letter. And I am out of time, but I have more to say so I think I'll write a letter home as well. So you'll get that in a few days. Thanks! 
Love you all!   
-Elder Williams