Monday, October 15, 2012

Quelimane - Week 25


Hello Family!
First of all, I want to apologize to my amazing sisters for not wishing them a happy birthday last week. I remembered, but at the same time, it totally slipped my mind. So I'm sorry! But I hope you both had a good day! And it sounds like you did. And of course Brittany went bowling... haha
We had a good week this past week, including watching another one of our investigators getting baptized. Gildinho was baptized by a young man who was recently baptized named Rema. I've walked with Rema a few occasions when I was companionless for a few days before the start of this transfer. It was a great baptismal service. The Spirit was strong, and everytime there is a baptism I feel the Spirit testify that this truely is the Lord's church and we truely are making a covenant with our Heavenly Father.
Me and Elder Andrade are getting along better. I honestly try so hard to be the peacemaker, it's alright, we do usually end up figuring it out in the end.  I try so hard to get to bed on time by 10:30. And as a matter of matter of fact, I can honestly say that I NEVER am late getting to bed. It's a habit I've started since day one.  I'm trying so hard right now to be the best missionary I can be, and the last thing I am is a lazy missionary with a bad attitude.  But I guess I'll just keep doing what I know is the right thing. 
About the package, that would be great! I would love to recieve a package! The Osborn's told me last week the Quelimane is better than any other city when it comes to sending packages. And I guess it only takes 2-3 weeks here to Quelimane. But the problem I would hate for you to send a package here, and then have me get transfered. So I'll let you know next week about a possible package. And I'll think of some good things I want in there as well.
As for the work, it continues to go on! We have a continual pool of new investigators as a result of the daily contacts that we are making. So that's nice! We have many progressing investigators, but some of them have problems getting to church. We call and even go by peoples homes before church every Sunday, but sometimes it still doesn't work. But I know that we shouldn't give up and continue to help them get to Church. As missionaries, we need to do our part, before investigators can do their part. And that's so true.
I'm glad you got to see pictures of the youth activity that me and Elder Andrade put on. It actually was a big hit! Over 20 youth came, and I shared a Bible story, and then we had a fun game for them to play. We had certain questions from the Bible and Book of Mormon. And it actually got super competitive! Which I love!
So to sum up this week, it was amazing. Like every week. The weeks go by like days. There are plenty of hard times, but there is plently to be happy about. Quelimane really is starting to see Real Growth. Which is a big goal that President Kretly has for the mission. It's happening, and I know it will only snowball from here.
The Church is true. Christ's Church is on the Earth today. Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ in the spring of 1820. The Book of Mormon is true, and I know that there is no way to salvation except through the Savior Jesus Christ. I'm so lucky to have this knowledge. And so grateful to have the chance to share it.
I love yo all so much. I hope you have an amazing week!
 
Love, Elder Williams
 
 
Quote of the week: "You can be excellent in every way. You can be first class. There is no need for you to be a scrub." -President Gordon B. Hinckley (actual quote)